Pichai Sundararajan known as Sundar Pichai was born on 10th junne 1972 is an Indian-American business executive. He is the (CEO) of Alphabet and its subsidiary Google LLC.
Pichai was born in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. His mother Lakshmi was a stenographer and his father, Regunatha Pichai was an electrical engineer at GEC, the British conglomerate. His father also had a manufacturing plant that produced electrical components. Pichai grew up in a two-room apartment in Ashok Nagar, Chennai and had a Hindu upbringing.
He is married to Anjali Pichai, nee Wiki, a Chemical engineer from Kota ,Rajasthan. They met as classmates at the IIT-Kharagpur, The couple have two children. Pichai’s interests include football and cricket.
Pichai completed schooling in Jawahar Vidyalaya, a CBSE school in Ashok Nagar, Chennai and completed the Class XII from Vana Vani School in the IIT Madras.
Pichai earned his degree from the IIT-Kharagpur in metallurgical engineering. He obtained his M.S from Stanford university United States in material sciences and engineering and further attained an MBA from the wharton school of university of Pennsylvania, where he was named a siebel Scholar and a Palmer Scholar, respectively.
Pichai began his career as a material engineer. He joined Google in 2004, where he led the product management and innovation efforts for a suite of Google’s client software products, including Google Chrome and Chrome OS, as well as being largely responsible for Google Drive. In addition, he went on to oversee the development of other applications such as Gmail and Google Maps. In 2010, Pichai also announced the open-sourcing of the new video codec VP8 by Google and introduced the new video format, WebM The Chrome book was released in 2012. In 2013, Pichai added Android to the list of Google products .
Pichai went ahead to be the next CEO of Google on August 10, 2015 after previously being appointed Product Chief by CEO, Larry Page. On October 24, 2015 he stepped into the new position at the completion of the formation of Alphabet Inc., the new holding Company for the Google company family.
n August 2017, Pichai drew publicity for firing a Google employee who wrote a ten-page manifesto criticizing the company’s diversity policies and arguing that “distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and … these differences may explain why we don’t see equal representation of women in tech and leadership”. While noting that the manifesto raised a number of issues that are open to debate, Pichai said in a memo to Google employees that “to suggest a group of our colleagues have traits that make them less biologically suited to that work is offensive and not OK”.
In December 2017, Pichai was a speaker at the Word Internet Congress in China, where he stated that “a lot of work Google does is to help Chinese companies. There are many small and medium-sized businesses in China who take advantage of Google to get their products to many other countries outside of China.
In December 2019, Pichai became the CEO of Alphabet Inc.
Every Indian is proud of Mr.Sundan Pichai,whose success story depicts that if one has the will and determination , one can go on to rule the world and the whole world follows his footprint.
Stay tuned for more success stories………………
- ^ https://www.britannica.com/biography/Sundar-Pichai
- ^ “Company Overview of Alphabet Inc”. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- ^ “Magic Leap Organization”. Archived from the original on November 16, 2017. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- ^ “Sundar Pichai”. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- ^ “Sundar Pichai emerges unscathed in test case for foreign-born CEOs”. Archived from the original on December 20, 2018. Retrieved December 13, 2018.
- ^ Vaitheesvaran, Bharani; Elizabeth, Shilpa (August 12, 2015). “The rapid climb of Sundar Pichai to technology peak: From school days to Silicon Valley”. The Economic Times. Archived from the original on February 3, 2016. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- ^ Charlie, Adith (August 11, 2015). “Google gets new parent Alphabet; Sundar Pichai becomes CEO of Google”. VCCircle. Archived from the original on March 6, 2018. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “A shy, quiet boy who loved science”. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Mumbai Mirror. Archived from the original on August 15, 2015. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- ^ “Ten things about Sundar Pichai”. dailyo.in. August 11, 2015. Archived from the original on August 15, 2015. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- ^ “Sundar Pichai, a quiet boy”. The Hindu.